User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
In this User Acceptance Testing (UAT) course, users will understand the basics of the test, type and level of testing, basic testing techniques and essential testing tools. This course is perfect for those who would like to execute UAT
This course enables business users to ensure that the system developed meets specified business requirements and is ‘fit for purpose’. No technical background is assumed. Interspersed with lecture sessions, delegates work in teams to practice the techniques covered, working from sample business system documents.
This course offers training in the methods and procedures required by staff who are engaged in the key user acceptance phase of an IT project. With the increasing emphasis on the involvement of user staff in the sign-off of systems into production, it is now essential to make sure that they are equipped with the concepts, background, and formal techniques that facilitate this.
Course Key Learning
At the end of this course, you will be able to describe:
What is software testing?
What are different types of tests.?
How to write a defect/bug?
How to write a test script scenario?
Good practice in software testing.
How to create UAT cases
How to create negative testing scenarios
Case writing skills in line with the pre-designed solution
UAT Course Content
Module-1 Introduction to User Acceptance Testing
- What is user acceptance testing (UAT)?
- User Acceptance Testing Process
- The outcome of User Acceptance Testing
- Prerequisite of User Acceptance Testing
Module-2 What to Test and how to Test
- Real-World Testing Use Cases
- UAT Planning Process
- Testing Strategy and key Focus Areas
- Selecting a Test Team
- Performing In-person and online UAT
- Random Testing
Module-3 Documenting Defects
- Working with UAT Logs
- Logging Defects and issues
- Log Testing Comments
- Using Testing Tools
Module-4 Resolving Defects/ Issues/ Bug Fixing and UAT Sign-Off
- Bugs found vs Fixed
- Developers Roles in Defect Fixing Process
- Re-Testing Defects /Bugs/ Closing Defects
- Testing and Resolution of the Issues
- User Sign-off on UAT
Module-5 Key Deliverables of UAT
- The Test Plan
- The UAT Test Scripts
- How to create UAT cases
- How to create negative testing scenarios
- Case writing skills in line with pre designed solution
- Customized designing through BRD or FSDs
- The Test Log
- User Sign Off
- UAT Project Timelines and Testing Status
- Defect Status
- Setup Severity Levels 1,2,3,4
Module-6 User Acceptance Testing – Roles & Responsibilities
Ready to get started?
Get in touch, or register