CTFL® Software Testing
The ISTQB Foundation course covers the fundamentals of software testing, providing delegates with the necessary foundations for a career as a software testing professional. This three-day intensive tutor-led course includes exam preparation, revision and the examination on the afternoon of the third day. It is fully-accredited by UKTB on behalf of ISTQB and has been rated SFIAplus level 3 by the BCS.
The ISTQB Foundation course covers the fundamentals of software testing, providing delegates with the necessary foundations for a career as a software testing professional.
This three-day intensive tutor-led course includes exam preparation, revision and the examination on the afternoon of the third day. It is fully-accredited by UKTB on behalf of ISTQB and has been rated SFIAplus level 3 by the BCS.
- Prepare candidates for the Foundation Certificate in Software Testing based on the ISTQB syllabus.
- Improve understanding of software testing - its purpose and nature - and to raise awareness of issues and constraints around testing.
- Learn standard terminology.
- Introduce test techniques (static, white & black box) to delegates as well as providing practical experience of key techniques.
- Provide a complete picture of the test processes from requirements review to system implementation.
- Provide delegates with an environment that supports their learning and impart them with the necessary confidence and means to support their future career as a test professional.
- provides a set of professional qualifications widely-recognised by employers, customers and peers;
- enables software suppliers to hire and train certified testers and thereby gain commercial advantage over their competitors by advertising their tester recruitment and development policies; and
- enables comparison of testing skills across different countries, testers to move across country borders more easily, and multi-national/international projects to have a common understanding of testing issues.
The ISTQB Certified Tester Foundation Level is principally aimed at anyone directly involved in software testing, who needs to demonstrate practical knowledge of the fundamental concepts, such as testers, test analysts, test engineers, test leads, test consultants, test managers, user acceptance testers and software developers.
It is also ideal for all those who have an interest in understanding the basic concepts of software testing, and so is additionally appropriate for project managers, quality managers, software development managers, business analysts, IT directors and management consultants.
The entry requirements for the Certified Tester Foundation Level qualification are that the candidate should have a basic working knowledge of IT.
On arrival at the course, candidates should have read the provided syllabus in preparation for the course. The course is intensive and those delegates who have prepared achieve a higher exam success rate.
- Software Testing Fundamentals
- Testing throughout the software life cycle
- Static techniques
- Test design techniques
- Test management
- Tool support for testing
Holders of the Certified Tester Foundation Level qualification are eligible to continue on to higher level software testing qualifications, such as:
- ISEB Intermediate Certificate in Software Testing, although this is not a pre-requisite for the Advanced courses.
- ISTQB Advanced Level qualifications, which compromise Test Manager, Test Analyst and Technical Test Analyst.
- ISTQB Agile Tester Foundation Extension which is an extension to the ISTQB Foundation in Software Testing cerificate.